EcoOils is based on the complementary skills and experience of 6 European partners from 5 countries
CDE Petra Patrimonia
CDE Petra Patrimonia is a business and employment cooperative, committed to supporting new entrepreneurs. With its FOLIA department, CDE Petra Patrimonia particularly supports new entrepreneurs in the agricultural and agri-food sector. Petra Patrimonia allows business creators to test their activity in real life, and to train both in the field of entrepreneurial skills and the skills necessary to exercise their future professional activity.
Foundation AVA Creations is a Bulgarian NGO working actively in the field of European cooperation in education and training, including vocational training. It was established in the spring of 2016 with the main aim to support the development of businesses and communities through encouragement of innovation, creativity and vocational training.
Currently, one of the main priorities of the foundation is to put forward and implement project initiatives on local, national and EU level aiming at influencing the process of personal development, entrepreneurship and life-long learning. AVA strives to foster innovative approaches in all sectors through partners networking, sharing experience and engagement of all stakeholders.
Among AVA’s objectives are to encourage social, economic, cultural and educational co-operation on local and national level. As well as to support common initiatives for improvement of the quality of life through education, transfer of knowledge, cultural exchange and social integration.
In order to accomplish the above-mentioned objectives AVA experts work closely with multiple national and international partners including educational institutions, municipalities, NGOs and other legal and physical entities active in the field of VET.
AVA experts participate constantly in different national and international meetings, conferences, courses and seminars on the topic of VET development and enhancement, intercultural relations and communications, cultural co-operation and life-long learning opportunities. Their activities are based upon the conviction that people and their institutions, skills and knowledge are the most critical and essential resource for development.
Mediterranean Center of Environment
The Mediterranean Center for the Environment in Greece is a non-profit organization created in 1992 to promote sustainable development and intercultural cooperation in the countries of the Balkans and the Mediterranean.
The objectives of the organisation are:
- to promote sustainable local development based on a natural and cultural heritage that is preserved and enhanced
- to contribute to public awareness & empowerment towards natural and cultural heritage preservation The MCE acts in 3 main areas: sustainable and alternative tourism; innovative non-formal training; and enhancement of the natural and cultural heritage. It recently developed a department supporting alternative tourism products in Greek rural areas.
- For more than 20 years, the MCE has been coordinator or partner of European projects focusing mainly on:
- Public awareness, education of young people and vocational training
- Eco-citizenship and the empowerment of citizens
- Support to local communities for sustainable development strategies
Université Européenne des Saveurs et Senteurs
The University of Flavours and Scents (UESS) was founded in 2002 as a consortium of farmers and companies dealing with aromatic and medicinal plants. Located in the Couvent des Cordeliers, in Forcalquier (south of France), it’s an association which includes approximately 60 members and follows 3 main objectives:
- Training for people working or wishing to work within Flavours and Fragrances sectors: UESS is a vocational training center dedicated to flavours and scent with training programs on cold soap making, cosmetics, cosmetic regulation, aromatic plants, sensory analysis and food industries. Training is a major activity. The UESS offers various programs for different audiences (employees and students) and for different qualifications.
- Collaborative project: UESS supports innovation by collaborative projects with local and European partners in the field of aromatics plants, cosmetics and food industries. The UESS has participated in, or coordinated, numerous national and international projects including ERASMUS+, Interred Alcotra, Med program, FSE.
- Activities for the general public to raise awareness about taste and smell: UESS aimed at promoting a qualitative approach mainly from local products (herbs, fragrances, essential oils) and encourage greater use of the senses through education to taste and smell. Workshops on parfums, herbs, essential oils, and conferences are organised throughout the year. Since July 2018 UESS manages Artemisia Museum: a museum dedicated to aromatic and medicinal plants of haute Provence.
UNIVERSIDAD DE SALAMANCA
The University of Salamanca was founded in 1219 by Alfonso IX and became, along with Paris, Oxford and Bologna, one of the first European universities and today it is the only Spanish university that has maintained its activity throughout the centuries. The University of Salamanca has an important material heritage in the form of historic buildings and emblematic spaces that are still active.
Today, the University of Salamanca continues to maintain its great attraction capacity and has a stable student body of around 30,000 students. It has nine campuses with 26 faculties and schools of higher education and 12 research centers that cover aspects as varied as biosciences or lasers, as well as agri-food developments, neurosciences, history studies or basic research, among others.
In addition, there are centers dedicated to strengthening academic and cultural ties with other countries and cultures, such as the Spanish-Japanese Cultural Center, the Center for Brazilian Studies and the Institute for Ibero-American Studies. Another of the University’s distinctive features is the teaching of Spanish, which attracts thousands of foreign students in the different educational programs developed in one of the largest training centers for foreigners of worldwide prestige, the Cursos Internacionales de la Universidad de Salamanca (International Courses of the University of Salamanca).
The science and technology developed at the University of Salamanca have been the leading role in some of the most important advances of the last centuries. From Salamanca’s studios emerged personalities such as Torres Villarroel or Abraham Zacut who developed the Almanach Perpetuum, a treatise on astronomy essential for navigation that made it possible to unite continents.
The advanced thinking of Francisco de Vitoria has led Salamanca to be considered the birthplace of International Law, but other illustrious figures such as Fray Luis de León or Francisco de Salinas or Antonio de Nebrija, creator of the first Spanish grammar, have passed through its classrooms.
In more recent times, the University has welcomed great thinkers and statesmen such as Miguel de Unamuno, Enrique Iglesias, Jacques Delors and Adolfo Suárez, who have contributed to the construction of the international order.
Among the Doctoral Senate are heads of state of several Latin American countries such as Fernando E. Cardoso, Oscar Arias, Ricardo Lagos, Luiz I. Lula da Silva and Tavaré Vázquez Rosas; Nobel Prize winners such as Mario Vargas Llosa, José Saramago, Paul Nurse or Severo Ochoa; thinkers and researchers who have marked the course of their disciplines by promoting the progress of knowledge. The humanism, intelligence and talent cultivated over eight centuries have made the University of Salamanca a leading institution in the world.
Molise verso il 2000 scrl
The LAG Molise verso il 2000 is a local development agency that works to support and promote sustainable rural, economical and social development, social inclusion and business
and employment promotion in the Molise region in line with the objectives of the EU and of the national, regional and local government development plans.
The GAL MOLISE has as its mission the dissemination and capitalization of results of actions implemented. In particular, GAL MOLISE uses a variety of methods such as: meetings
with local stakeholders, official website, newsletter, mailing list, local and social media. As examples of excellence, LAG uses institutional national networks as the National Rural
Network and the association of “Italian authentic villages.”
Molise verso il 2000 is managing a social incubator in the municipality of Campobasso where we provide start up services to social enterprises in order to promote the social inclusion
at local level but also fostering the creation of new jobs. Furhthermore, Molise verso il 2000 is involved in the National Strategy for Internal Areas: is a policy that want to promote the
social inclusion of the people in rural and remote area of Italy by offering them new solution and ideas for starting an entrepreneurship activity. This project is complementary to other 2
Projects in which Molise verso il 2000 is involved: Past4 future project financed by INTERREG IPA CBC ITALY ALBANIA MONTENEGRO programme with the aim of promoting the
accessibility of touristic areas for tourists with special needs and also in ACCESS IT (financed by Erasmu+ programme), project with the aim of offering a comprehensive training in the
cross-field of accessible tourism, innovation and sustainable development of natural and rural areas.